From latest collaborative map. Blue circle = potential construction area. Yellow swoosh = potential tunnel zone.
How are you enjoying the ‘collaboration’ so far? Let them know this evening 4pm – 7pm Balmain Town Hall.
TAKE ACTION NOW – WCX Stage 3 hasn’t been approved and can be stopped!
What will WestConnex mean for our local community?
- Increased cancers, lung & respiratory disease, cardio problems & many other serious health issues due to massive amounts of concentrated pollutants coming from the four huge new unfiltered exhaust stacks
- School children put at risk from highly carcinogenic small-particle pollution that is absorbed directly into the blood stream via the lungs
- Gridlocks – massive bottlenecks of traffic at the Iron Cove Bridge, City West Link & Anzac Bridge
- Additional traffic on our local streets as toll avoiders use local streets as rat runs
The Real Story
- WestConnex is a waste of taxpayers’ money. $17 billion spent so far and the new cost projection is $45 billion. This is money that should be going to public transport, education and hospitals
- WestConnex won’t get you anywhere faster. Roads act as car magnets. An integrated public transport system frees up roads as commuters have more options.
- The NSW government can’t fund it and is trying to sell it off. New owners will get to decide on toll increases
- The NSW government already subsidises current toll road operators to the tune of $100 million per year. WestConnex contracts would almost certainly follow this model
What can you do – Take Action?
- The stage 3 WestConnex Concept Design has just been released. Go to the online map add your comments and ask questions: collaborativemap.com/WestConnex
- Provide feedback at Westconnex website: westconnex.com.au/M4-M5LinkDesign
- Email members of Parliament and insist that WestConnex Stage 3 does not proceed:
Gladys Berejiklian – NSW Premier – email@example.com
Stuart Ayres – WestConnex minister – firstname.lastname@example.org
Jamie Parker – State Member for Balmain – email@example.com
Anthony Albanese – Federal Member for Grayndler – firstname.lastname@example.org
More information at rozelleagainstwestconnex.org